Thursday, July 24, 2008

I found Glennray

I love Google. Just think of something, type it in and, presto! There it is. Yesterday I thought about Glennray Tutor, an artist I knew in Oxford, Mississippi many years ago. Back then he painted a lot of small town scenes in a Pop style. And for what it's worth, he kept a casket in his house.

Visiting his website at http://www.glennraytutor.com/ I see that he's still painting in a photorealist style. His latest works picture marbles sitting on True Love comics a la Roy Lichenstein and closeup views of fireworks in a vase and Ball Mason jars and other such things, all painted in a style reminiscent of James Rosenquist.

The writer Barry Hannah said, "The paintings of Tutor are like life after a glaucoma operation. A whole new vision is given to us."

I enjoyed visiting his site. Check it out and see what you think.

No comments: