Friday, August 3, 2012

Giant Studio Sale!




Mark your calendars, please

Boy's Life, oil on board, varying dimensions, 24 x 32



for my Giant Studio Sale

More than 150 paintings!
Drastic price reductions!

I’m almost 70 years old and I’ve been paintings since I was 6. I have a Master’s Degree in Drawing and Painting and have taught from 1st grade through advanced college classes. My paintings have been shown in galleries across the country and even once in Korea!

Cave Dweller, oil on canvas, 51 x 44
I retired from making visual art in 2002 when I had open heart surgery (other than finishing up a handful of works in progress). My last exhibitions were a group show at the Seattle Convention Center in 2009 and a one-person exhibition at South Puget Sound Community College in 2007. Neither of those had works for sale. My last commercial gallery show was at Art on Center in Tacoma at the end of December 2005. (See complete exhibition record here: http://www.alecclayton.com/ExhibitionRecord.pdf)

Jonah and the Whale No. 2, oil on canvas, 32 x 24
We have recently had some major financial setbacks including large cuts in pay and some big medical bills — not to mention a $500 veterinary fee. We decided to sell some of my paintings to clear up these debts. Besides, it would be good to know that these paintings now stored in our home are on people’s walls where they can be enjoyed.

My oil and mixed media paintings have sold in galleries for $500 to $1500. Sale prices start in the low $100s (plus a few works on paper priced lower).

Gabi and I decided that we also want to give a portion of the money from this to some of the causes that we believe in, so 5% of the sales will be donated to each of the following organizations:
Swimmer No. 6, oil stick on paper, 11 1/2 x 8 1/2
Washington United for Marriage – www.washingtonunitedformarriage.org
            PFLAG-Olympia – www.pflag-olympia.org
            Safe Schools Coalition – www.safeschoolscoalition.org

Many of works to be sold may be seen on my website at www.alecclayton.com.

X-plosion, oil on canvas, 24 x 32
The sale will be first come first served, held in our home on:

 Friday, Aug. 31, 1-6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 1, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 2, 1-5 p.m.
and by appointment between Labor Day, Monday Sept. 3 and Friday, Sept. 7.

Where: Olympia, WA – contact us for the address
Info: 360-628-8412 or alec@alecclayton.com

The paintings shown here are all included in the sale.

No comments: