Monday, January 13, 2014

Working Class Theatre



It may be high time that folks in the South Sound know about Working Class Theater NW.  I didn’t know about it either until I happened to pick up one of their brochures, and then I Googled them and found out they have a Facebook page.

I recognized names of some well-respected theater people on their brochure — Tim Samland, Christina Hughes, Luke Amundson, Gabe Hacker and Robert McConkey, all folks whose work I have come to admire. Plus one name I don’t know, Bunny Seagraves. Don’t know who that is, but she keeps good company.

It was not crystal clear from the info on their brochure, but Working Class Theater appears to be connected with Spaceworks Tacoma, which promotes the arts in fabulous and highly inventive ways.

“Working Class Theatre NW produces relevant, thought-provoking theatre for a wider audience. By expanding the boundaries of a normal theatre going experience, our artists challenge you to ask why.”

2014 schedule
March  My Life in the Theatre by David Mamet, directed by Luke Amundson
May-June  - Enron by Lucy Prebble, directed by Luke Amundson
Sept. – School for Lies by David Ives, directed by Tom Sanders
Nov. – Sunset Limited by Cormac McCarthy, directed by Tim Samland
Jan.-Feb.2015 – Tracers by John DiFusco, directed by Robert McConkey.

For more information find them on Facebook.

Note to Working Class Theatre people: Send me updates with complete production information if you want me to post it on this blog.

No comments: