Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Too late

It's too late to see the installation by Holly A. Senn & Kyle Dillehay in Tacoma at the Art Gallery, Pacific Lutheran University, but it's not too late to see the video on youtube.

I first met Holly years ago when I was teaching at class for Bellevue Community College and she signed up for the class. It was a really fun class with a monthly guided tour of Seattle art galleries. Sadly, I wasn't able to get enough people signing up to keep the class going. Anyway, that's when I met Holly. I didn't even know she was an artist. Then she showed up as a participant in the Tacoma artists studio tour, and I interviewed her for a Volcano story. I discovered that she was an inventive and thoughtful installation artist, and I've been keeping up with her work since. She just keeps getting better and better.

I haven't seen enough of Dillehay's work to comment on it, but the installation they collaborated on is really nice.

Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/hollysenn and keep an eye open for future works by these artists.

No comments: