Friday, April 7, 2017

The Funeral of Sir Francis Rottenfoot Sr.

This looks like a helluva lot of fun.

The Funeral of Sir Francis Rottenfoot Sr. is an experimental spoken-word piece written and performed by Rachel Lionheart. Lionheart is a writer and spoken word artist.

"I have been developing The Funeral of Sir Francis Rottenfoot, Sr. over an 11-year period, through many phases and relationships in my life and after my brother died of psychedelic mushrooms. in 2001," Lionheart says. "I did not have words for his loss, but I did have an extremely heightened imagination and training from NYU in physical-based theater. Each performance of Sir Francis is a dedication and commitment to listening to the distinct, and at certain points of grief, unrecognizable inner-voice that makes sense out of the nonsense of life and death. This current evolution is dedicate to my Aunt Ruth and her daughters and grandchildren."

Rachel Lionheart
Saturday April 8th at 7 p.m, $10 suggested donation

Tacoma Community Arts Center located at:
1102 MLK Jr. Way
Tacoma, WA 98405

No comments: