Monday, December 1, 2014

Jean Nagai's "Correctional/Fluid"

Jean Nagai: Correctional/flud opens Friday, Dec. 5 at Salon Refu in Olympia. I have never seen Nagai's work and can only begin to imagine what it may be like based on the show announcement and images and artist's statements on Nagai's website. I won't be able to make it for the opening reception either, but I will visit the show and review it for my regular "Visual Edge" column in the Weekly Volcano.

All I know at this point is (1) Salon Refu shows are always outstanding, (2) the Nagai show announcement mentions works on paper and fabric, and there was mention in an email from gallery owner Susan Christian of white-out paintings, and (3) there is going to be a multimedia happening in the gallery Friday, Dec. 19 with "music talk refreshments batic project gift items." 

The show runs Dec. 5 to Jan. 4 and is open every Thursday through Sunday from 2-6 p.m. Salon Refu is located at 115 N. Capitol, Olympia.

No comments: