Friday, March 1, 2013

Please do not buy my...

Please do not buy prints on canvas from my sites on artistwebsites.com or fineartsamerica.com. I set up these sites so I could sell prints made from digital images of my paintings. Through these sites you can buy prints at different sizes, framed or unframed, on paper, aluminum, canvas, etc. I would love for you to buy prints, just not on canvas. The prints on canvas look too much like original paintings, yet they are not. Anyone with a discerning eye can tell the difference. I don't want anyone seeing a print from one of my paintings on your wall and thinking its a painting. Or, worse yet, a fake.

The artistswebsite site does not allow artists a choice of what type prints are available. They do, however, allow us to choose what sizes are available and I make sure that all of mine are smaller than the original to prevent them from looking too much like fake paintings.

No comments: