Friday, July 27, 2007

No theater review this week

My regular community theater column in The News Tribune will not be published this week because of a medical emergency in the family. Not to worry, we're recovering well. But a trip to the emergency room Friday prevented me from seeing the performance I was going to review. The play was "Cinderella," a dinner theater performance. The Rogers and Hammerstein musical presented by All Saints Theatrical Repertoire Association, a ministry of All Saints Parish in Puyallup, features song and dance by community children and adults with an 18-to-20-piece orchestra composed of area students and community members. "Cinderella" continues this weekend with performances Friday and Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. More information is available at www.astramusical.com.

Coming up

For my next two columns, I plan to return to my regular summer fare. Coming August 3 will be a preview of the best performances scheduled for the 2007-2008 season in South Puget Sound, and my August 10th column will be my annual "Critic's Choice," my version of the Tony Awards where I choose the best drama, musicals, actors and directors in the area.

No comments: